Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Phone ringing

Status
Not open for further replies.

woolwich

Technical User
Nov 16, 2006
GB
Morning all i seem to be having problem with ringing when i ring the phone i hear 10 rings but the phone only rings 5 times then go to voicemail is there a setting that can be change anywhere

Thanks All

on avaya you always get a couple of rings to the caller that the extensions does not put out just before it connects to the voicemail

ACA - IP Office
ACS - IP Office

thanks but 5 ring's seem alot is there a setting that can be set or change anywhere ,

Thankyou

are you classing "ring ring" as 2 or 1 just so i know
what is your voicemail answer time set to?

ACA - IP Office
ACS - IP Office

What type of trunks are you on? If analog with caller ID you will hear 2 rings before the system starts to ring.

Kevin Wing
ACS- Implement IP Office
ACA- Implement IP Office
Carousel Industries

>What type of trunks are you on? If analog with caller ID you will hear 2 rings before the system starts to ring.

Correct

And if you have an analogue phone with caller display you will get the same 2 ring delay.

This is because analogue lines and extensions pass the CLI information between the first and second ring burst.

In the case of an analogue line routing to an analogue extension you will get 4 rings at the remote end before the local end starts to alert.

Choice time - turn on off CLI or put up with it!

Take Care

Matt
I have always wished that my computer would be as easy to use as my telephone.
My wish has come true. I no longer know how to use my telephone.

Thanks Maxwell,

With the ring ring i am taking as 1 ring i will check the voicemail timing and reply it also happens to internal calls aswell

Kwing112000

They are Private and ISDN30 trunks

Thanks all

Does the caller here 5 rings and then the phone starts to ring, or does the phone ring 5 times and stops, then the caller hears another 5 rings.

Do the phone have forward no answer set turned on to go to another extension?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back