Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Phone Number Resolution with Desktop Messaging 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

klamb

IS-IT--Management
Mar 30, 2001
GB
Hello,

We have messages being forward to Desktop messaging - all is OK, but we cannot resolve the number with the personal address book (this feature has been selected within the mailbox options).

The CLID is being saved as part of the subject, not the sender, so all calls are coming through as Unknown. Can anyone suggest a way for us to have the CLID being passed through as the Sender, which I think would then be resolved via the personal address book?

CP 4
Outlook 2003

Any ideas would be welcomed.

Anyone have any ideas - my feeling is this should be easy to resolve sender and recipients with Outlook Contacts list, just check the box..., but for us this is not working.

Any ideas would be appreciated?

Kenny

You might not have access to the Callpilot address book
I think it starts on page 56 of the "Desktop Messaging Guide

We can resolve internal (callpilot) users OK, it is only when an external voicemail comes in the user shows as Unknown.

We have put the mobile numbers, etc into the contacts - and even put the mobile number of a callpilot user - so when we use the callpilot call sender function, the business and mobile number show and we can dial them, but when a voicemail is received from the mobile number, callpilot is not checking the Outlook address book for the number/name resolution.

When you add the Unknown sender do you add them like the book suggests on page 42 of the "Desktop messaging user guide" ?

(right click on the Unknow name and select Add to contacts and fill out the necessary fields)

That's where my confusion lay... I was adding in the callpilot information into the relevant contact field (mobile, home, etc) in the format mentioned, not in one of the email address fields...

entered in the callpilot addresses in the email field - all OK.

Many thanks for the nudge back to the manual....

yep - my only issue now is there are only 3 email fields available and if we have SMTP email, business phone address, mobile phone address, there are is no address space available for fax or any other number...!!!!

Ah well - need to play within the limitations.....

Thanks again

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back