Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Phone number rcf'd to a hunt group

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bjatwood

Technical User
Jul 5, 2007
US
I have a phone number through my local telco (SBC now AT&T)that remote call forwards to a POTS line that is the 1st line in a hunt group with 2 other POTS lines (in AT&T land). All three line are attached to fax machines. To test the hunt, I can call the 1st fax line and get fax tone, put it on hold, call the 1st number again, get another fax tone, put it on hold and call the 1st number yet again, and get fax tone from the 3rd machine, HOWEVER, when I try doing the same test using the rcf number, at the 3rd attempt, I get a fast busy which means it never reaches the 3rd fax machine. Before I go back to AT&T about this, could there be programming on the rcf number that doesn't let it go beyond a two line hunt? Any feedback would be greaty appreciated. Thanks.

i am pretty sure when you RCF you need to tell them how many call paths you want. They may only have it set up for 2.

I thought so. Many thanks for confirming this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back