Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Phone Manager

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bhadeshia

Technical User
Jun 22, 2007
GB
Loading Phone Manager on Win XP SP2.
My Document is set to synchronize when looging off.
User profile is set for Roaming profile which is stored on SBS server.
I know there is an issue with Offline folders but does any one know if there is a issue with Roaming profile causing problem loading Phone manager?

Yes, we have had numerous problems with people using roaming profiles, what is your exact problem?

ACS - IP Office Implement

Roaming profiles not supported as far as I am aware.My documents (if that is what you mean) has to be on the local machine

HI when user loges on to their Laptop the phone manager does not find the IP Address for the switch so it will open up the Phone manager with the default IP of 192.168.42.1.
I have to get the User to enter correct IP Address for the switch and then they can find their Name in the User List and can login.

Second problen is every 2 weeks a laptop user will get an error massage when loging in to the phone manager.
Error massage " User name or Password Incorrect "

If I connect to the switch and then enter a Password in the User profile and then save the profile, go back to the Laptop and enter password for the Phone manager this will fix the problem, this will work for few weeks and then same Error massage.
This time I do the above and remove the password form the profile and alos from the Phone manager and this will fix the problem.

I think the problem is that they are using the Roaming profile, I wonder if any one has come accross this before.
Thanks.

Yes that is because of the roaming profile
Phone manager needs the My documents for that user
In there it stores the users profile and if that changes then the user settings are gone

ACA - Implement IP Office
ACS - Implement IP Office
ACA - Voice Services Management

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back