Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

phone manager

Status
Not open for further replies.

race735

Programmer
Apr 5, 2007
I have customer trying to use phone manager trough vpn i can ping ip address and also pull up ip office manager and see config but my phone manager says it can not connect

try a few more times
i also do this sometimes and sometimes it will at once and sometimes it takes a few times

Still no go I even hit browse on phone manager and still finds nothing

when you did browse,did you put in the ip adres of the ip office ?
sometimes this is the only way to do it

I did it both ways still nothing. I can pull up the ipoffice manager and get a config but the phone manager never connects

run monitor and see what fault you are getting when you try to connect with phone manager

I never get a message on the monitor like I am never hitting the ipoffice

Turn off all AV softare and also turn firewall completely off.

You can see that you have a data path from your machine to the IPO because you can open the cfg and ping it.

This would suggest a port blocked.

i dont know if you can check if ports are open or not but phone manager uses port 50796

I get TFTPaSystem ffd926bc - who_is

Strictly speaking a VPN should be an empty tunnel with no prots blocked, that is the whole point really.

However many times i have come across ports being blocked over vpn.

My last submit is what i got on the monitor

Just found out that all ports are open

Ihave had this issue before. What trype of firewall are you VNPed to? If it is a PIX then you have to turn off a few of the Fixups.

they are using a watch dog fire wall dose anyone have any info?

I do remember something on here about the watchguard before. I am not sure what it was to fix it.

The IT people needed to open port 3936 on the fire wall once open works fine. Thanks for all the help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back