Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Phone Manager use results in "System Incompatibility" on 5610SW IP

Status
Not open for further replies.

mdegray

IS-IT--Management
Jul 5, 2006
I've set up a user with Phone Manager 3.1.17 to log into an IP extension on our 406v2 (3.1.65). No errors are reported when starting PM, but it takes several attempts before a successful call is made (the dial window clears and nothing happens), and when that finally happens, the base extension displays "System Incompatibility". It does not return to a useable state even when PM is closed and must be reloaded to return it to service. Sometimes (not always) the phone comes back up saying "extension in use". As usual, a search of Avaya's site yields nothing. So, 2 questions: 1. What would prevent PM from working properly upon first starting. 2. Is the IP phone behaviour normal? This happens on all IP extensions I've tried.

TIA
mike

Yes. In fact, I've stepped meticulously through the setup docs.

It's a big grey area - if the phone hasn't logged out, you can't use the same extn to login over it with a SoftPhone. A real pain and something Avaya just don't give a whole lot of information about.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back