Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Phone Manager "Access Violation" Error 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

jmont4455

IS-IT--Management
May 15, 2004
US
I installed Phone Manager 3.0.15 on several Win XP workstations at a client site. While using the application, the users get an error message ("Access Violation")and Phone Manager closes. It seems to happen randomly and independently of anything else the user is doing on the PC. They have an AV program called Panda running on the PC's, and I thought this might be the issue, but after testing it on a vanilla Win XP install there, it still happens. Nothing shows up in the Windows Event Viewer that would indicate that Phone Manager is causing a problem.

Has anybody seen anything like this before? I have installed many flavors of Phone Manager at many different client sites, and have never seen this happen. I have a feeling it's something on their network, but I'm not sure what it could be. Any suggestions would be helpful.

Thanks,

John

lots and lots of times and random as you say.

3.1.15 apparantly fixes it - it certainly did on 1 of our sites where 95% of people were getting the error!

Thanks for the reply. I'm going to go ahead and upgrade them and see if that helps.

Make sure you upgrade the firmware also to 3.1(48)!

phone manager and the user apps dont really hurt anything to have different versions than the firmware.. at least that's been my experience everytime... mostly the changes in the user cd are bug fixes.. not additional features/functionality that might cause problems/breakage.. definately dont mix the admin cd with different firmware version then came with it but other than that you should be ok..possibly the november 3.0 user cd update also fixes the bug..

Although diferent versions of PM & system firmware usualy interoperate without problem, a number of PM bugs are infact caused by core system problems & the correct Version of IPO firmware is required for full functionality

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back