Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Phone Manager Pro? 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

inet33

IS-IT--Management
Mar 24, 2011
I think I'm getting confused with all the different software. Now on ipofficeinfo.com there's a User Manager (user_4_2_37.exe) link that I downloaded and ran.

I have run it and all I am getting is Phone Manager Lite. I enabled Pro on the Phone Manager options and it doesn't do anything.

Did I download the wrong software?

it is easy !!!whats confusing is the Avaya website!!!
All I wanted to know is why I'm receiving the "enter key" popup when running the Softphone on a client PC? Pretty straight forward question. If you dont know just say so?

I still learn things every day and i already work with this system for about 6 years now.
When it was easy then you should know it.

But i will explain.

The softphone is a rebranded Counterpath Bria.
This is a sip softphone which is licensed.
But Avaya uses a teleworker or power user license and prevents the license question.

Assign the license to a user as i already answered in the other topic where you asked the same question.

BAZINGA!

I'm not insane, my mother had me tested!

Thanks Tlpeter,

Appreciate your response, I did assign a license so it should work

Under user -- Profile -- I have selected Power user (I have 4 Power user licenses available) Below profile I have ticked Enable Softphone.

Still receviing that msg ?

I have no idea.
Perhaps you use the wrong version?

BAZINGA!

Hi. I just bought an IP office of the internet.
I turned it on. (I think).
My softphone isnt working. What's next?
I've read about IP. Can I use that too?

I refuse to read so please help....

Haha. ... Really ... A forum for not asking questions great !!

Go to the knowledge database and download the PDF entitled IP Office Softphone Installation. Work through this document and then the softphone will work if you follow all steps and have the licences it requires.

| ACSS SME |

This forum is for IP Office techs and not for end users :)
This forum is also not for free support!

It is for techs who need to share things or asking of any other tech has seen some strange behavior or even nice callflows etc etc etc.

BAZINGA!

tlpeter is correct
we are not being rude & will tend to give answers that should enable someone familiar with the system to overcome the problem

hand holding users throgh every step is cutting our own throats as this is the level of service that is our core business, maintanance/support.

I do not Have A.D.D. im just easily, Hey look a Squirrel!

Seconded. Have a Star too.

ACSS (SME)

I never touched anything...

Thanks guys for your help -- issue resolved

http to be entered in front of IP address on softphone Login Server: (I would have thought IP address would be enough. Error message was very unclear by asking for License, this is what confussed me.

Thanks anyway I wasnt asking for much

It didn't require much in the end, just a quick read of the installation manual :)

ACSS (SME)
APSS (SME)

"I'm just off to Hartlepool to buy some exploding trousers

??? .... serious!!..... we were told by the installer to just enter the IP address username and password... so I assumed this would work . I came on here to get a quick fix as the installer was taking a while to get back to us. I agree with reading the documentation (although the avaya website is a little confusing to get the correct documents/ software). Also the error received was even more confusing as it was refering to licenses (and I knew this was correct).

You do not need to enter http:// in front of the ipaddress on the softphone.
I never did and i never needed to do that.
It is not a web browser, it is a phone.

BAZINGA!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back