Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Phone Manager Pro? 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

inet33

IS-IT--Management
Mar 24, 2011
I think I'm getting confused with all the different software. Now on ipofficeinfo.com there's a User Manager (user_4_2_37.exe) link that I downloaded and ran.

I have run it and all I am getting is Phone Manager Lite. I enabled Pro on the Phone Manager options and it doesn't do anything.

Did I download the wrong software?

you need to log into the IP Office manager and turn pro on for the user who will be connecting

Kevin Wing
ACSS Small and Medium Enterprise (SME) Communications
ACS- Implement IP Office
ACA- Implement IP Office
Carousel Industries

I did. I enabled it so the user is a Power User as well. In the Phone Manager Options (in IP Office Manager), I have Pro selected. Yet when I run the client on the PC it still shows up as Lite.

I guess I don't? I thought the Power User would have given that option no? Is the Phone Manager Pro a completely different license?

Yes it is.
177468 IPO LIC IP400 PMGR PRO RFA 1 LIC:CU User Each User Enables 1 user to access Phone Manager Pro

Different licence, though I would like the Power User to enable it (as the name suggests), they still make money if you want the softphone option after all, will never happen though :)

ACSS (SME)
APSS (SME)

"I'm just off to Hartlepool to buy some exploding trousers

Oh boy, so let me see if I got this straight, if I'm a power user, I get access into the One-X portal correct? If I do, I get access into the One-X Portal Communicator, which looks like the same thing that Phone Manager Pro does.

The only thing is that I have to set up a separate server for the One-X portal. Do I have to pay additional licensing for this server?

One-x Communicator is for Aura only.
Power user gives you all options in the ipoffice.
You could use the new softphone and one-x portal together.

BAZINGA!

I'm not insane, my mother had me tested!

Wow, I didn't realize there were different One-X applications too. I thought there was only one.

Is there a place that tells me what are the applications from the One-X that do come with the IP Office? Do I at least get the web interface that looks like the Phone Manager Pro so I can control the phone and voicemail?

Also all I have are the Power User licensing in my IP Office. Do I need to get additional licensing for One-X? I'm reading the One-X installation now and it does have a section in licensing that it wants you to install a One-X license? "If the license has been entered correctly, the License Type will show one-X Portal for IP Office

Yes one x will give you a web interface like PMPro. Your power user licenses should be enough.

Kevin Wing
ACSS Small and Medium Enterprise (SME) Communications
ACS- Implement IP Office
ACA- Implement IP Office
Carousel Industries

Thanks all! Can't wait to get the One-X Portal installed!

Im in the same boat - where can I download the avaya softphone??

I installed that but its the video softphone, so does this also work for normal calling.

I tried to login but had no luck - Do I need anything else installed on a server?

Login Server: IP Office IP address
Username: Extension
Password: Password set for hot desking

I'm guessing the username is not the extension ? or I'm missing a component

Start reading the documents?
Take a course?
Call your distributor?

Thanks Intrigrant, very helpful!

Intergrator has been a little slow to respond thats why I posted my question here.

Some of the licensing is a little strange with Avaya and not easy to find what you need!!

What I'm trying to do should be pretty easy - Just want to test the softphone that is available with the power user license?

I have the Video softphone from the Cd and have isntalled (Is there another softphone or is the video softphone the new one?)

Why am I getting the enter license prompt (I have a power user license!!!!!)

Pancho, intrigrant is right.
What do you guys think that we do for a living?
Running around naked and yelling strange songs?

We have learned how the IP Office works and what licenses are needed etc etc etc.

This is basic stuff for a certified engineer.
If you do not know how it works then stay away from it.
I have seen systems stop working because the IT guy thought it looked easy.

BAZINGA!

I'm not insane, my mother had me tested!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back