Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Phone Manager Pro - Unlimited Users (177474)

Status
Not open for further replies.

jameshen

IS-IT--Management
Aug 24, 2006
US
I recently learned about the Phone Manager Pro Unlimited license. However, one of my Avaya contacts "thinks they switched back to only per-user licensing on Version 4.2." I haven't seen that mentioned anywhere and was wondering if that was valid.

I've even seen references that said that the license even works on both Standard and Professional Edition for the IP500 control unit. Seems strange that it would be supported on the newer IP500 units and then just dropped on version 4.2.

Is anyone using a Phone Manager Pro - Unlimited Users license on Version 4.2?

We're using:
IP 412 (4.2)

Avaya isn't selling unlimited Phonemanager Pro licenses currently, but I don't think that means if you own it already that it will stop working at an upgrade.

Our banner is at the top of this page, give us a call with your serial number and we'd be happy to check for you.

Ann
phonelady.com

A license will never change with an upgrade
They just do not sell the unlimited anymore

RTFM.gif

ACA - Implement IP Office
ACS - Implement IP Office
ACA - Implement IP Telephony
ACA - Voice Services Management

would be nice if it would and IMS would become UMS :)

Joe W.

FHandw., ACS

If you can't be good, be good at it!

The website does not really look up to date to me

But to be more specific, in 4.1 it was still available but from 4.2 it is gone

RTFM.gif

I think they stopped selling the 100 user RFA too.

Just another way to squeeze money out on big installs!

Jamie Green

ACA:Implement - IP Office
ACS:Implement - IP Office

Football is not a matter of life and death-It is far more important!!!!

True, no more 100 and unlimited

RTFM.gif

tlpeter,
I believe you, but just for my education can you tell me what you're referring too when you say that they're gone in 4.2? Is there a list of available licenses for each version that comes out?

To answer the question:

Can a vendor keep licenses in inventory, or are they issued from Avaya at the time of sale.

The certificates are issued by Avaya when the dealer orders the RFA and then the dealer redeems them against the dongle/feature key serial number. So, either the dealer has a license they ordered for a customer but never redeemed for some reason or the web site you referenced is out of date.

Keep in mind too that pricing you see on line right now may reflect Avaya's big promo that ends on 3/31.

To reply to TheTaker, thanks! Back in my Rolm days it was almost 1/2 women, but you're right, not the case anymore.

Ann
PhoneLady.com

I think we all agree this place needs a woman's touch, every now and again. The closest thing we have is Bas!

Bas drives a female bike :)

RTFM.gif

I think we all agree this place needs a woman's touch, every now and again. The closest thing we have is Bas! "

quality. just quality.

0118999 88199 9119725..3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back