Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Phone Manager Pro on Vista

Status
Not open for further replies.

oleggrk

MIS
Feb 24, 2005
Hello,

Does anyone know when the Phone Manager Pro in VOIP mode will be available for MS Vista? I tried to install it on my laptop. Installation itself had no problems. When I'm trying to log into IP406, always getting an error message saying that it failed to register for VIOP operation. Is it me or version 3.2.28 is just not working with Vista?

Thanks,

Oleg

I have seen it working on Vista..but call quality is awful! Same symptoms as XP Home (why anyone has Home!) - but on XP Pro all seems ok

Which flavour Vista are you running? That could be the key

Jamie Green

IPO ACA:Implement

Fooball is not a matter of life and death-It is far more important!!!!

I'm using Vista Business. At work we are using XP Pro with Phone Manager Pro in VOIP mode for more then 2 years now (starting with 2.1) - works fine. So far I'm the only one who upgraded to Vista to try it and have no luck making Phone Manager to work. Just wondering if PM Pro 3.2 potentially able to work with Vista. If not then I'll wait for the next release (hopefully Avaya knows there is Vista out there :))

Thanks,

Oleg

I'm not advocating installing on unsupported OS's but this probably isn't even related to Vista.

The error message "failed to register for VIOP operation" is a well known error message on PhMgr VoIP. If you get this, start again from scratch. The app has nothing to do with it, it's the IPO config that is the problem.

This is what I do, and taught on the course, and it always worked. If it doesn't then it could be incompatibility with Vista but I doubt it.

1) Delete any user & extension for your VoIP user
2) Restart the system
3) Create a new user
4) When clicking 'Ok' it will ask you if you want to create a new user (because there's no xtn with the same number yet). Always select 'Yes' to this
5) You now have a user & extension.
6) Restart the system
7) Log on with PhMgr & it "should" work.

Thanks disturbedone - I'll try that...

Official Support for Vista from AVAYA's point of view so I have been told will be with the first Maintenance release of 4.0 Software - Not the GA release 28th Feb.

ipo.gif

"Launching late 2006

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back