Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Phone Manager Pro for a new R8.1 system...impractical?

Status
Not open for further replies.

AhhClem

Technical User
May 11, 2010
US

Greetings all,

Is it possible to setup a new IP Office as R8.1 with Phone Manager Pro licenses? I guess the real question is, "is it practical?"

I get the impression from my research so far that Avaya did an EOS in the summer of '09 for Phone Manager Pro, but that same document seemed to indicate that you could still use the Phone Manager Pro software under a Teleworker license. I know that the 8.1 Manager still had the Phone Manager Pro tab under Users, but I'm still confused about what they did with the licenses or if there's a way to get around what they did.

I'm in the early stages of estimating a system for a customer. Any information/simple explanations would be welcome.

Thanks in advance.

SiriusVoiceRep

Avaya "simplified" licensing, since then nobody knows what license does what on which release....
But yes, according to the docs a Teleworker license should enable a PM Pro but.... don't shoot me if it isn't so..

Thank you intrigrant. I'm glad to know I'm not the only one who's confused. ;)

While Phone Manager Pro licenses are no longer available, The Teleworker licenses for R6+ seem to still be around and I think those are the ones that will work with R8.1. I'm still digging, but that's where I've been led so far.

Thanks again.

Think you're confused/annoyed now, wait until R10 comes with Avaya's latest licence "simplification"...you'll love it :)

You can order trial teleworker licenses and see if it works before spending a lot of money

When Avaya say simplification they probably mean for themselves a you will simply order everything to ensure it works :)

Do things on the cheap & it will cost you dear

LOL! It's funny cuz it's all too familiar. [smile]

Thanks all. The trial version idea sounds like a winner.

Regarding the R10 issue, is the IPOSS service available to any but Business Partners? I presume it's expensive.

Thanks again.

IPOSS isn't really expensive considering it includes a free upgrade license.
Don't think support is for free, you have some free hours of support, once consumed you'll pay a LOT per hour if additional help is needed.
Nevertheless, if the phone is important for the company i'll advise to consider a IPOSS contract.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back