Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Phone Manager Pro dialback question

Status
Not open for further replies.

bwilch

Technical User
May 5, 2003
US
When calls are coming into the system, it's showing 10 digits. So in phone manager pro, they see 555-555-5555. When they double click the number to call back, it's not inserting the 1 so they're getting an error on their lines. Basically they get the "you need to dial a one" message.

Suggestions on how to resolve this? I looked through Phone manager and didn't see anything.

Thanks!

you need to modify you line configuration
In national prefix & International prefix insert a leading 1
this will add 1 to the CLI & allow PM to call back.

Greets Peter

Just to make sure, when I look at the lines... and let me clearify first. We're using an analog trunk 16 module for their telephone lines. When I look at the lines, I see the "national prefix" set to 0 and is unchangable on the form and it also indicates this on the help screen. There is a "prefix" however, it is indicated this is for all "non-national" calls, therefore entering a 1 would put the 1 on all the local incoming calls then?

I had the idea of creating a shortcode of [9]xxxxxxxxxx Dial 1N also, but wasn't sure if that would correct the issue.

Thanks for the insight and help!

Will fix the Phone Manager problem but then normal redials from phones won't work anymore

It is unbelievable to me that PM Pro can't add a 1 to incoming calls that are outside our area code. About 95% of our incoming calls are LD, essentially making the Call Back feaute in PM useless. Seems it would be an easy thing to add a line of code..."if area code != <my area code>, add 1 to the front of number."

I asked our vendor the same question. According to Brian Becker, Tier 4 Avaya guy, "This is a configuration issue not a breakage, the Phone Manager Pro records the outgoing dialed digits to the PSTN not the outgoing telephone # that is sent from Phone Manager Pro."

Until Avaya addresses this issue in a future release of Phone Manager, the redialing of LD numbers will not be possible. Unless someone has a hack...?

Fortunately most of our local COs (Verizon) will accept a local call with or without the leading 1. We just always send a 1 and it works.
Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back