Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Phone Manager Outlook TAPI

Status
Not open for further replies.

mcopini

Instructor
Nov 22, 2001
NL
Hey all,

I have a problem getting the Outlook TAPI to work.
Using Outlook 2000 & Outlook 2002 on both WinXP. After installing the Phone Manager and the TAPI, I can see it in my Phone and Modem properties in the Windows Config and changed it as stated in the IPO Manuals. But still the TAPI isn't recognized in Outlook and thus won't work...
Any Ideas?

Thnx in advance.

Rgds,

Kind Regards,
Maarten Copini

did you try turning off the xp firewall which sometimes prevents the installation of tapi driver?

Try disabling Remote Access Manager in services.

Wasn't the Firewall; already have it turned off. I'll try the Remote Access Auto Connection Manager is set to 'Manual' in my Services. Is that ok?

Kind Regards,
Maarten Copini

Try going to start/run, type tcmsetup, enter the switch IP address.

Alternativly go to the registry and set permisssions for that user to access the TSPI.

It worked for one of our punters.

Just a thought, and I am sure you have tried this but..
have you changed the dialling options in the New Call dialog in Outlook? ("Connect using line")

UK Based IP Office Discussion

Hi I noticed that you mentioned the Remote Access Connection Manager is set to manual,but in most cases the service is started, you need to disable this service and test,

Is the tapi working with the phone dialler from Microsoft? ( run: dialler.exe)

Your TAPI logs on to the IPO on start-up. If changing parameters in the phone and modem settings you need to reboot. You can also make a trace to see if the tapi connection to the IPO is OK

Tapi Trace on IPO

To start the tapi debug trace file you need to setup the following registry entry.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Avaya\IP400\TSPI\DebugFile
This is a string key (REG_SZ) value that specifies the name of the tapi debug file.

For example:

DebugFile REG_SZ c:\tspiTrace.txt

After start-up look for the txt file c:\tspiTrace.txt and maybe you can see of it is correctly logged on to the IPO

Paul

delete all the other tapi drivers (that is allowed) re boot and try again ..

bg

First verify basic connectivity.
If you can use your desk phone with dialer.exe found in
C:\program files\Windows NT
Go to control panel, phone & modem options.
delete your ip office driver and then add it back.
open your outlook, go to call your contact and in the use field check your options for ip phone:xxx, you should have a dropdown showing ipconf, microsoft h323, and your ip office driver as well.
repeat the process until outlook sees your driver.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back