Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

phone manager not ringing/receiving call

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZadroSolutions

IS-IT--Management
Oct 7, 2009
US
I'm sure it's a checkbox or something I missed. The user can make a call and voice is ok both ways. However, when calling the user..it's just goes to the missed call log. Ideas?

Are you talking Phone Manager running in softphone mode? If so do you have the firewall shutdown/exceptions in place?

ACS - IP Office Implement

"What the Crocodile Hat....was that?

Yes, softphone mode. I'm not sure what the firewall shutdown exceptions are. Please explain..

Thanks!

he meant either have the firewall shutdown, or have the exceptions in place.

What happens to the call, is it disconnected or does it go to voicemail?

See what my brain does when it's not thinking about phones.

these are the ports.
Phone Manager uses the following IP ports for communication with the IP Office. If a firewall is placed between the user PC and the IP Office, traffic on these ports should be allowed.
• Port 69 on the IP Office and the Phone Manager PC- TFTP
This is used by the Phone Manager to obtain data from the IP Office such as user name lists and the switch directory. TFTP is also used during the application log on.
• Port 50796 on the IP Office - IPO PC Partner
This port is used by Phone Manager and Soft Console applications to establish communication with the IP Office for call signalling, configuration changes, etc.
• Port 50799 on the Phone Manager PC - IPO BLF Updates
Used by Phone Manager to receive status updates for internal speed dial icons. These are sent from the IP Office using the 255.255.255.255 broadcast address.
• VoIP
Phone Manager Pro PC Softphone uses ports 1719 and 1720 for H323 Gatekeeper discover and then a range of ports for VoIP. Therefore, we can only recommend Phone Manager Pro PC Softphone operation across a firewall when using VPN to tunnel the connection.

See what my brain does when it's not thinking about phones.

yes, there's a VPN tunnel established first. now i see and think you're referring to the windows firewall. i will give that a try later and report back.

Not just windows firewall, any firewall running on that PC needs those ports opening up for softphone to function correctly, also those same ports need to be allowed by the VPN router you are connecting to :)

ACS - IP Office Implement

"What the Crocodile Hat....was that?

ZadroSolutions;

You could run this tool to open all Avaya ports on the windoes firewall, then try to enable the Firewall again. Some users might accidentally turn it on again.

Avaya_Red.gif

Dain Bramaged

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back