Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

phone manager missing buttons!

Status
Not open for further replies.

jtpurcell

Technical User
Mar 20, 2004
CA
I have 2 different ip offices both running phone manager pro licences. On one system phone manager has more buttons(ie:dnd).These buttons are not on the the other system.Agent mode is also greyed out under preferences. Can someone please help??

i guess both come up as phone manager pro and not lite when they load, maybe the user is configured for lite if they come up as lite and not pro.

Also are both running the latest versions?

I agree with bazlit it sounds like some of your users are running in lite mode. Even with licences, under 2.0 and up you need to specify in the telephony tab for each user what level of phone manager they are permitted to run - default is lite. So if you don't specify pro for anyone adding pro licences will change nothing.

Peter

Yes it is the latest software and the pro tab is selected under the telephony tab in manager. I get all the tabs for pro under preferences but agent mode is greyed out and I don't Have the extra buttons(DND,RECORD,BUSY ON HOLD,)

You need to be in agent mode for the extra buttons, go to Configure | PBX. Tick on Login and under Base Extension enter the extension at which you are currently logged on (which if you aren't truely an agent is the same as you normal extension).

The drawback, when you close Phone Manager you may get logged off.

Is the extension in question setup as an agent? Ie. do you have force login ticked and a password set?

Peter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back