Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Phone Manager in terminal server?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jtpurcell

Technical User
Mar 20, 2004
CA
Just wondering if anyone has used phone manager in terminal server?Does it work and does it slow down terminal server greatly?

Well we started using the basic Phone Manager a couple of months ago. We certainly haven't put it under any stress (yet!), but so far, it works fine on Terminal Server, with no noticeable drop in system performance at any stage. BTW, we have an average of 12 users on at any one time if that gives you some idea of what you might expect.

A seperate PC acts as a server to handle all the voicemail. I doubt this software could degrade the system either if it were also on the TS, but we wanted it seperated anyway.

Avaya have just put out a tech tip confirming it has been tested on Citric TM and works.

We have a number of sits running on 2003 Terminal server.

[cheers]

Have been using in Term services on W2000 server, couple of crashes, you also need to use a different skin due to the 256 colours. Seems to work ok most of the time, slight hitch with their being no soundcard as this always brings up an error which is causing the crashing every now and again

Have just tested the beta version 2.1 of Phone Manager.

Problem with NO MIXER sound card error has been fixed

Undergoing users trials as we speak

Version 2.0 ,both build 16 & 18 both produce NO MIXER error in Citrix / Terminal Server sessions

2.1 should be out early July.

We have a special version from phone manager pro version 2.0.14ip and this is run with citrix an make not chek the mixer.

Have any of you tried version 3 phone manager on MS 2003 TS.

I have a site where we have an issue with it running slow so we?
Changed the Skin :-This helped but every now and then the Phone manager & Client grind almost to a stop it comes back after a 1 min but this intermittent slow down makes t almost unusable.

Note the skin is located in a shard folder where all the 10 or so clients go to get it. We edited the profile to point each client to it.

[cheers]

Well we aren't using version 3, but the principal may be the same & we aren't having any problems with response. I don't share the skin though, I copy it to each users profile directory, so they each use their own.

I'm not sure if this should make a difference, but it might be worth a try.

The default skin (the purple and orange) does seem to be very intensive.

But you don't need to get hold of an alternate skin. We found that by entering the name of a skin that doesn't exist, the Phone Manager has a default default which is very plain and simple but effective.

For those who are interested I solved the problem by changing Skins on the slow machines used a very basic Skin Win9X and while the phone manager was not fast it is now usable.

[cheers]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back