Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Phone Manager - disable Configure button

Status
Not open for further replies.

unslog

Technical User
Jan 25, 2009
GB
Hi

I want to be able to disble the configuration button on users Phone Manager, as people are playing around with settings. Is this possible , maybe through the registry or different skin? Done a google and couldn't find any info.

Thanks

There is a setting in Manager for each user to allow or disallow modification of phone manager settings, it's under the "Phone Manager Options" tab

ACS - IP Office Implement

"I'm just off to Hartlepool to buy some exploding trousers

ah. you are running 2.1

not sure if it was an option then.

"There's a dog in the New Zealand section

just checked a dt system i have running 3.0

its not there. must have come in to the programming later.

sorry.

That's old firmware on your switch, I think the setting came in around 3.2 (5.2 Manager). What system is this on? i.e 403/406

I can't tell from that id it's a DT or DS 403, what digital phones if any do you have? Or do you know if it's a DT?

One last question. In this latest version , is there a way to prevent users from taking themselves out of hunt group calls. We have superglued the group button, but some users are clever. We have 2030 phones. cheers

One last question. In this latest version , is there a way to prevent users from taking themselves out of hunt group calls. We have superglued the group button, but some users are clever. We have 2030 phones.

oh, btw according to the Equipment it is a Avaya IP office 403DT - does this make a difference?

cheers

Bad news, you're on a DT no 3.2 for you. Highest you can go is 3.0.580 I'm afraid :)

Tell them you have upgraded the software and it now notifies you if they take themselves out of a group, then let them know the consequenses.

i use that all the time.

The best way to stop it is to threaten them with the sack, or give them analogue handsets :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back