Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Phone Manager connection problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

jmock

IS-IT--Management
Oct 2, 2006
US
I am running IP Office 5.2 (53). And I am having trouble with SOME clients connecting at all. I have run the firewall batch file, no change. I added Phone manager to the windows firewall exclusion list, no change. I have tried disabling Mcafee virus scan, no change.

I can ping both the VM pro server and the IP Office unit.

The systems are running XP Pro SP2, joined to a domain with the windows firewall disabled.

Thank you in advance for any help.

Are they on the LAN or the WAN? It could be as simple as no default route in the IPO to send traffic out.

They are on the same LAN, same subnet.

IP Office
IP address x.x.22.243
IP Make 255.255.255.0
Primary Trans. IP Address 0.0.0.0
RIP mode None
NAT is disabled
DHCP mode disabled

The XP system is on DHCP
x.x.22.x

Under IP route do you have an entry like this.

IP Addy 0.0.0.0
subnet mask 0.0.0.0
Gateway = Whatever your primary gateway is on your LAN
Destination LAN1

Just something that may help.

can you PING the IPO?

Try to put only the phonenumber in the Username works for me most of the time.

Greets Peter

Remove IPO IP addy from PM, then put it back in.

Also, check that you have in the user, the correct PM version LITE/PRO/IP selected. It should just come up in lite if not license available, but might be worth a try.

When I install PM, I put in as little info as it will accept, works best for me. if it sees the IPO ie., shows the list of users in the drop down. I have never had an issue. other than the ones you had mentioned.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back