Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Phone Manager 4.0 on Vista

Status
Not open for further replies.

Asptech

Technical User
Feb 13, 2007
GB
I have atempted to install phonemanager 4.0 on Vista Ultimate, the install appeared to have completed ok. However when I try and run it I get an error window pop up with the following message:

c:\Program Files\Avaya\IP Office\Phone Manager\PhoneManager.exe.
The application has failed to start because its side-by-side configuration is incorrect. Please see the application log for more detals.

The application log has the following entry:

Log Name: Application
Source: SideBySide
Date: 27/02/2007 00:03:32
Event ID: 33
Task Category: None
Level: Error
Keywords: Classic
User: N/A
Computer: spearson.asptech.dom
Description:
Activation context generation failed for "C:\Program Files\Avaya\IP Office\Phone Manager\PhoneManager.exe.Manifest". Dependent Assembly Microsoft.Windows.Networking.RtcDll,language="*",processorArchitecture="X86",publicKeyToken="6595b64144ccf1df",type="win32",version="5.2.2.1" could not be found. Please use sxstrace.exe for detailed diagnosis.
Event Xml:
<Event xmlns=" <System>
<Provider Name="SideBySide" />
<EventID Qualifiers="49409">33</EventID>
<Level>2</Level>
<Task>0</Task>
<Keywords>0x80000000000000</Keywords>
<TimeCreated SystemTime="2007-02-27T00:03:32.000Z" />
<EventRecordID>4470</EventRecordID>
<Channel>Application</Channel>
<Computer>spearson.asptech.dom</Computer>
<Security />
</System>
<EventData>
<Data>Microsoft.Windows.Networking.RtcDll,language="&amp;#x2a;",processorArchitecture="X86",publicKeyToken="6595b64144ccf1df",type="win32",version="5.2.2.1"</Data>
<Data>
</Data>
<Data>
</Data>
<Data>
</Data>
<Data>
</Data>
<Data>
</Data>
<Data>
</Data>
<Data>
</Data>
<Data>
</Data>
<Data>
</Data>
<Data>C:\Program Files\Avaya\IP Office\Phone Manager\PhoneManager.exe.Manifest</Data>
<Data>
</Data>
<Data>
</Data>
<Data>
</Data>
<Data>
</Data>
<Data>
</Data>
<Data>
</Data>
<Data>
</Data>
<Data>
</Data>
<Data>
</Data>
</EventData>
</Event>

This has left me a little out of my depth, if anybody has idea's I would love to hear them.

vista is currently not supported. This is expected in may 2007 (see TB 80)

Arnoud

I just installed it, and it seems to be working for me (also on Vista Ultimate).

I did have a hard time finding my IPO unit, but once I set the range in the network settings (preferences), it's been working. Well, sometimes I do have to select an option more then once, but for the little changes I've been making, it's worked.

I made sure to download the latest JRE from Sun (java.sun.com).

Chris.

I had this problem before under 3.2 and just removed the manifest file and it worked fine. Not sure if I broke anything by doing that but it did work...

Cheers for that, deleteing the manifest file did the trick and everything appears to work ok.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back