Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Phone Locked

Status
Not open for further replies.

jeffandamar

IS-IT--Management
Jan 27, 2003
US
I have a weird thing going on with my system. Its only happening to the receptionist's phone.

When a call comes in and she puts it on hold and then tries to transfer it all of the buttons on the phone go dead...the calls continue to show coming in or being on hold but ALL of the buttons are dead. Even the feature button doesn't respond. If I unplug it and plug it back in it goes back to normal until we put people on hold again. I've tried it at a different drop(programming follows the phone), with different cables, and without the extra NT8B41 unit and still it does the same thing.

Any Ideas? Should I cycle the power on my phone system to see if thats the issue? Help!

Sounds like you have a sticking button. Perhaps the hold button.

MarvO said it

WHAT REL OF SOFTWARE DO YOU HAVE, BECAUSE THERE WAS SOME THAT WOULD DO THAT SAME THING. UPGRADE WAS THE ONLY SOLUTION, BELEIVE IT WAS 4.0 OR 4.1

OLD ROLMEN WORKING ON NORTELS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back