Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

phone lines cutting off

Status
Not open for further replies.

eseibert

IS-IT--Management
Mar 4, 2003
US
I know there are alot of reasons that calls can be cut off, but has anyone dealt with this on a Definity G3si. Calls are being dropped right in the middle of a call, with no warning. I do have a power supply that is out on the secondary cabinet, but the power supply is functioning on the first cabinet. Any ideas. I've placed a service call with the phone carrier to see if that could be the issue.

Are you running on IP sets? or are these digital phones? if they are digital phones you should take a log at your alarms to see if you have any other faulty stuff in your system..Most likely both power supplies will need to be functional..

Archie

But the same problem is happening on 2 different systems that are within a mile of each other. I think it is the phone company, but that's just my guess.

Hi Eseibert

You arnt per chance using BSR between the three sites. I have the exact same problem with three sites that use BSR. I believe the fault to be just with one inbound circuit but as the BSR uses one site as the master where all BSR calls will route through a fault on any one inbound circuit is replicated across the three sites.
We have no call logers so we have made a makeshift one and are installing it one site at a time. On site one we found all cut-offs were coming via the link back to the master site where we now have the call logger installed and are invistigating from there once this site has been tested we intend to move this logger to the last of the sites to check here.
Look for any problems on your inbound circuits and lis meas ds1 also will assist in locating the fault.
I am currently trying to find a way of measuring these using a cms report just to get a count of how many we actually have in one day as most of our cut-offs happen on being presented to agents.

BSR? Is that best service routing? This problem only started happening a few days ago. We've been set up the same for 7 years and no problems. All of a sudden we're having problems. We switched carriers, but its happening on both systems, so i've ruled out the fact that it could be the new carrier. There are 2 circuits that we use for DCS, so i'm having those tested as well. I still think its an SBC problem. I ran the meas ds1 log report. What am I looking for?

You should have all zeros on the DS1 log. Any numbers would indicate slippage. Are the disconnects on your incoming, outgoing or both. How about local, long distance or DID?

I'm getting disconnects on all kinds of calls. Is slippage a switch problem or a telco problem? I have had issues with a circuit that was testing errors. I'm at a loss because I had called avaya and based on what the technician viewed when he dialed in and saw, it points to an external problem. PLEASE HELPPPPPPP......

Slippage can be either or. When I had slippage on one of my DS1's and my LD carrier did testing on their end found nothing so I knew it was on my end which was a bad CSU (replaced). What type of trunks do you have?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back