Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Phone interference with wireless connection

Status
Not open for further replies.

AJC1

Technical User
Nov 18, 2002
US
I just installed a Linksys wireless router and acess point. It works fine except that the 2.4GHz phone next to the remote computer with the wireless NIC routinely disconnects the network whenever a call is received or made. Unfortunately the location near the computer is the only reasonable place to have a phone in that room. The phone is older and doesn't have the ability for me to change channels, and I'd rather not try resetting the channels on the router and all the other computers.
Does anyone know of any newer wireless phones on the market that won't interfere with the wireless connection?

Have a Linksys wireless setup. Purposely got a 900 Mhz cordless phone so interference wouldn't be an issue. They also have new 5.8 Ghz phones but I have yet to experiment with them. Hope this helps!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back