Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Phone Image question

Status
Not open for further replies.

jcmhere

Technical User
Jan 18, 2011
US
Our customer currently has phones images on their 4.3 CM and would like to move the same images to the new upgraded 7.1.3 CM.

Can this be done?

Where is this done at?

this will be done for the 7945 phones.

Thank you

All the upgrades I have done has the images moved and working without having to do anything.
did it not work for you?
If not it is the same procedure as it was on 4.x just a different way you load the files on the TFTP server.

It has been so long I was looking for where this was done and how it was done so I could test it. Could you pass that info on to me please.

thank you

There are a few things that you have to consider when moving from 4 to something newer. Basically anything that was dodgily hosted on the CCM gets lost. One thing that annoyed a few people was the loss of the pin numbers for the extension mobility numbers, however I found a great application from DominoComms ( that recovers the pin numbers from CCM4 and imports them back into somethin newer. Saved my days and days of work. If you are doing an upgrade I would certainly recommend it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back