Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Phone Goes to Speaker Automatically

Status
Not open for further replies.

jmont4455

IS-IT--Management
May 15, 2004
US
Hi All,

Weird issue here. I have a client who says that he was just sitting at his desk and all of the sudden, his phone went to speaker, he heard a beep, and he could hear a call that his co-worker was on with an external party. He just hung up the call. He also says that another time, he was on a call with an external party, and a co-worker's (not the same one from above) phone set did the same thing, but the co-worker, thinking he was being conferenced, said something into the speaker and then ended the call. After that, the client said his message waiting lamp lit and the message was the co-worker saying something.

Not sure what could be causing this. The client says that in no case did anyone push any buttons or key in short codes, etc. They're on an IPO 406 V2, running 3.0 (59), and VM Pro 3.0.17. Some users have a Call Record button on their sets, and it's set up to manually record to the user's own mailbox. All users are set to "Cannot be Intruded". They are using a set of analog lines.

Any ideas? I called my Avaya tech. rep., but he had never heard of that happening. He also couldn't give me any clues as to what it could be.

Thanks.

jmont4455,

I have experienced exactly the same issue as you have described. We have upgraded to 3.0.69 and so far it hasn't happened. If you find out, it would be nice to know for reference.

Look in the user tab under the functioncode,s and remove the functioncode like
*dcp 0,1,1,1 ore something like that.

Greets Peter

Thanks, guys. I was thinking about the 3.0 (69) upgrade for them, but was going to hold off for 3.1. I'll try to find out why it's happening.

Peter, when you write "functioncodes", do you mean "shortcodes"? The client doesn't have any user shortcodes set up. What is "*dcp"?

Yes i mean user shortcode,s, did you pull a config and checkd if there is a user shortcode.

Greets Peter

Hi Peter,

Yes, I looked at the config for the user; there are no shortcodes programmed. I'm going to monitor the switch and try to see what's going on that way when it occurs. I'll post anything interesting that I find.

Thanks for your help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back