Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Phone flashes when call is coming in but won't ring 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

IMESD

Technical User
Dec 18, 2015
US
We have an SV8100 and are using DT300 series phones. One extension starting having trouble with the phone not ringing. He can see by a light flashing that there is an incoming call and he can answer it but there is no ringing. Here is what I have tried so far:

1. Swapped phones
2. Pressed Speaker and 723
3. Adjusted call volume
4. Checked for headset feature
5. Checked 11:12:37 - found code 620 and had user press speaker then 620 and hang up

Nothing changed and phone still won't ring. Any other ideas on what I can try? Thanks.

Cindy

Does it ring when another extension dials it's extension number or is it a trunk call?

If it's a virtual line appearance, try checking 15-09.

Might look at 22-04 for trunk calls.

Thanks - but it isn't a virtual.

Hi,

What is not ringing?
Is it internal-intercom calls or External calls?
You can try,service code 823

22-04-01 = Ring group for extensions.
22-05 is ring group for trunks.
An extension must be in the same trunk and extension ring group to ring. If all it has is a line key appearance it will just flash, but you still can answer it.

The phone will not ring for internal or external calls. Just lights up when a call comes in. The frustrating thing is that the phone was just fine and rang when getting a phone call until one day and the ringing stopped! Speaker feature works. I will look into 22:04 programming and see if I can find anything.

I sure appreciate the help. Thanks.

Look at 90-03 for anything unusual. Compare it to an phone without the problem.

I am not an NEC expert by any means but I have run into this twice in 2 days on 2 different NEC systems.
Check for a headset key that might have been activated.
both times, there was no indication that the key had been activated but it was definitely the problem.

If service code 823 is set in 11:11:16, then I have tried that too. The extension is in the correct trunk group. 90:03 didn't show anything different between several different extensions. Everyone's suggestions have been great but unfortunately, the phone still won't ring for incoming calls.

I think I will have to delete this extension and start all over. Hopefully that will help.

Thank you everyone for your help.

Hi IMESD
You can try Program 20-02-12 ( Forced Intercom Ring ). Use this option to enable (1 - Signal) or disable (0 - Voice) Forced Intercom Ringing.
- If enabled, incoming Intercom calls normally ring.
- If disabled, Intercom calls voice-announce.

Try this:(may be headset from the phone unit is enabled, just disable it)

from the unit
- Menu
- settings
- headset
- disable

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back