Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Phone doing a single quick ring and then nothing 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

bshubinsky

Technical User
Nov 30, 2010
Having a strange issue with one of the phones here. Internal dialing works fine. If I call their external number, it does a quick ring and then disappears, however the person on the other end just hears ringing. It's not abbreviated ring since I can't pick up the call after the first quick ring. SAC is turned off - if I turn it on, it properly goes to the persons voicemail.

I'm thoroughly stumped. Any suggestions?

Check the coverage path on the station. It sounds like they may have more than 1 coverage path and the 2nd path is active. Put a trace on the station and dial the DID number.

Kevin

I checked the coverage path. It's set to 1, which is the same for all the other stations. How do I check for redirect notification?

as Kevin says trace the station "list trac sta xxx" and post the results here.

APSS (SME)
ACSS (SME)
ACIS (UC)

Bshubinsky,

I have this issue ALL the time. It is related to your voicemail system. There are times when a user will press *3 to delete a voicemail. The physical phone gets confused sometimes, and doesn't realize it's still attached to the voicemail. If you look in your features, you'll notice that the command on your CM for *3 is "send all calls". The phone thinks your trying to send the call somewhere else. The simple fix is to go to the phone that is ringing once, take off hook and press #3. Hope it helps
Bob

This is assuming that *3 is the fea code for send all calls, sounds pretty much like it is, also do a status station and see if send all calls is enabled.

acss sme acis sme acss cm 5.2.1 acss cm and cmm acss aura messaging.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back