Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

phone doesn't ring

Status
Not open for further replies.

8x24Admin

Technical User
Jun 8, 2016
US
I'm pretty sure I already know the answer but figured I'd ask anyways...
This year we've had two phones suddenly stop ringing. No changes in programming and they rang fine before. Swapped out the phone and the replacement rings fine.
Adjusting the ring volume does nothing (when another user on another extension calls that phone, it shows on the display who's calling but does not ring).
I am pretty sure it's a not a programming issue but a phone issue but figured I'd ask if something flaky like this could suddenly happen from a setting loss or whatnot.
Makes me wonder if it's the speaker that has gone bad in the phone or a circuit board...
Anyone had this issue? If so, did you disassemble to find out what was wrong with it?
Thanks!

This is the equipment:
Meridian Northern Telecom M8X24-DS

Norstar Flash Nortel NTAB2455 Flash 2 Ch. H/W
card installed: Nortel Flash NT5B7

P.S. First phone to show this symptom was an M7208; now it's an M7310.

Pretty rare I would say.

Feature 805 to test all including Ring

The speaker can also be tested by simply pressing Intercom or a Line, you will here dial tone.

Phones have circuit boards so if you don't know what your doing then don't bother taking it apart for the sake of buying another for $50-$75 or so.

"Nortel Flash NT5B7"
Does not matter but I think you are missing a few digits/characters.

Add me to LinkedIN

small-logo-sig.png

=----(((((((((()----=
Toronto, CAN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back