Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

phone does not ring on some calls

Status
Not open for further replies.

jimcoo

MIS
Nov 26, 2009
CA
I have a Mitel 3300 and one of my phones (a 5330e in teleworker mode) is not ringing on all calls, but it does ring on most calls.
I probably have wonky hardware, but I was wondering if there are any settings that might have been made accidentally that would do this?
Thanks,
Jim

Are they complaining of clipping or echo on calls? If not, then the problem most likely is not a bandwidth issue and may be more of a hardware problem.

Jim

"If I had known it would turn out like this, I would have become a locksmith" Albert Einstein

NCSS, NCTS, NCTE, CS1000E, Avaya IP Office, Mitel 3300 Basic & Advanced, 5000, SX200, NuPoint

Check the extension in the users and services config form and make sure none of the keys are programmed to delay ring.

If you have a working 5330e, you could swap it with the "bad" phone to see if that's the issue. If you choose to do so, you will need to swap the MAC addresses of the two 5330e phones.

OldTimingMan: Yes, it does flash when a call comes in.

Repeating crick01's question

Is there a multicall key that is not set to ring? (Possibly even on a different phone)

What's most important is that you realise ... There is no spoon.

No, the muticall keys are all set to ring - and there are no other keys for this phone.

Can't think of why it would ring on some calls and not on others. Can you set an ring group to not ring the phones in it?

You can't duct tape stupid.

I replaced the hardware and the user reported an instance of the new phone just flashing but not ringing. Could their internet connection be at fault? (this phone is a teleworker phone)

Well it is possible that the message to tell the phone to ring gets lost. I believe the phone provides the ringing to the users its self rather then sending ringing across the network.

You can't duct tape stupid.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back