Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Phone Calls Dropping aftter 5 Minutes

Status
Not open for further replies.

JPostula

Technical User
Oct 8, 2008
US
I'm not really sure where to look for this one. I have 3 users (out of 500) that are having off-switch calls dropping sporadically. These calls drop between 5:05 and 5:15 minutes in duration. I searched my last two months call records for call lasting 5 to 5:15 minutes in length, and most records showed between none and 5 calls that lasted this long. These three phones had 30+ each.

I changed phones, TNs, copper for all phones to no avail. This happens when the users are here or if they have their phones forwarded while tele-working.

The switch isn't spitting out errors when this occurs, and it happens to incomming and outgoing calls on all trunks. Trunks are running clean with no errors and perfect stats.

All three numbers have only one appearance and are the primary numbers on the phones.

The new TNs were built using a standard template in Telephony Manager and use the same settings all the other phones use.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

3 out of 500 is pretty good, but I would assume that these users are on the same card? Check that card. Did you just buy phone sets for these users? Check those sets. Are they using new headsets? Check the batteries in those headsets. Calls being dropped is not normally the system. It would be system wide. So, look externally.

DocVic
Dedicated to Nortel Products till the end.
Need help?

All three phones were in different shelves and all three are established users that have been on board 2 years or more and none are using headsets. The dropped calls are coming from all areas of the country, most being local calls. Don't think it is a set issue because it happens when they forward calls too.

I've watched the DCH traffic when these calls happen, and it looks like a normal call clearing in all cases.

Your original post seems to indicate that this issue only happens on external calls, if so your station equipment is most likely good. However if you still have the d channel messages saved try checking to see which side is sending the disconnect message. That might help pin down where the trouble is, CO or PBX?

I would say out the phones completely and rebuild - unless you did that when you 'changed' the TN. Also make sure that they are not using the same DLC card. You said they 'were' in different shelves so I just wanted to be sure. Other than that you can try changing the extensions - maybe something is messing with those particular ones?
One last thing ... are these users 'agents' and take calls from ACD?

Grabbing at straws, but.....

Have a look in your route programming at a parameter TFD.

This is Timed forced disconnect. If it is any value except 0, then the call is on the clock and will be disconnected.

Thanks for advice. When I changed TNs, I built new phones using our standard 2616 Template in Telephony Manager and outed the old TNs. The phones are single users and not part of an ACD group.

We have two main routes out of the switch. I check both and TFD is set to 0. IENB is set to 5 (default), but I'm not sure if that has anything to do with it.

Are there any timers for individual numbers?

Hmmm doesn't look like it is IENB
IENB 2-(5)-10
Idle Extension Notification Block timer (in
minutes)
Semi-Automatic Camp-On (SACP) package 181
and Network Attendant Services

Maybe something with your OTM 2616 build though? I've heard of crazy issues/corruption/etc. with templates.

I would suggest rebuilding again just in case your template is messed up somehow - I really hate OTM and never use it.

I still say out them again and build them from scatch using command line - just print out a build on a known good working phone to copy those prompts :)

I'll give that a try. Thanks again for your help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back