Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Phone call privacy feature

Status
Not open for further replies.

ridgerunner

Technical User
Mar 27, 2002
US
Thought there was a feature available in the Avaya G3 , 8710 server that gave someone the ability to add a privacy button to there phone to prevent co-workers from picking up there line and monitoring private phone calls. We have such an issue and would like to resolve without making a huge deal. Is there a feature we can activate to prevent such eavedropping?

Exclusion button. I have it on someone here and he presses that when he does not want his secretary to pick up on the call.

Were would I find that feature? Did not find it in the phone setup screens.

Hey Imdue,
Found the feature in the softkeys, activated, and didn't work. Am I missing something?

I added it to one of his buttons. You should have it as an option I would imagine.

PS - Automatic Exclusion under COS is set to "y"...so maybe he does not turn it on...been a long time since I set it up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back