Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Philips CDR-W Burning Issues..HELP

Status
Not open for further replies.

orlNewbie

Programmer
Jan 15, 2003
US
hey guys

i have a philips CDRW4012P drive, when burning data i usually have no problems, but when burning an audio CD lately, it would get to 95-97% then crap out...generating
a "no seek complete" error. anyone has any idea what this might mean or why it might be happenning...even tried different grade/quality CD-R's...

thanks for the help

Make sure they are red book cd's and I always burn cd's with nothing else running on my system. Not surfing not playing music. Nothing... Let everything that have breath praise the Lord.

hey thanks dcwtechmech

i used to be in photoshop or something and still able to burn with no problems, since this problem started occuring, i, like u suggested, killed every un-necessary process...but it's still generating the No Seek errors...

what are 'red book cd's' by the way?

thanks again

these cd's are designed especially for audio. Let everything that have breath praise the Lord.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back