Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Phaser 860dp 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

HVTEC

MIS
Oct 10, 2003
US
I have a code 15.004.45.12577.
The machine seems to be warming up (to 99%)
then gives the code. Any suggestions ?

Most likely cause is a failed drum heater. One or maybe both lamps that are used for heating the drum may be defect. Replace the drum/paper preheater assembly.

Greetz,

When I run the diagnostics all goes well.
Then just over 99% and some time the code comes up.
Can you physically see the lamps with a side off?
I had been told before that it may be the thermistor.
Is the drum heater assembly a seperate part from the thermistor?
I'm trying to narrow it down to be able to order the right part the first time.
Thanks for the help,
HVTEC

First, remove the right cover of your printer. When starting up the printer you should see a flickering light (white light), best seen at the right side of the printer. If you cannot see this light, this means your drum and preheater are not heating up, because of no light activity.

To remove the drum heater:

Remove both left an right cover. Remove front door + maintenance drawer. Remove both blue of green plastic rails that guide the maintenance tray. Remove the middle transfer rolls (first, remove clutch on the left side, remove one screw and a little metal piece on the left side of the bar close to the left side, it prevents the bar from moving left and right), then remove these rolls. At this time, you will see the back of the drum heater. Remove two screws and a power-cable on the right side. Be carefull, it slides very easily down. So, if still any problems, don't hesitate to ask...

JOS Technical User: I am following your directions to get at the "Drum Heater" on an 860. I have a question:

Are the "middle transfer rolls" right in the front of the printer about half way between the top and the bottom of the whole front opening, behind the "front door"? And if they are then the "clutch" is the little motor gizmo on the left side near the front of the printer. The motor gizmo has a white gear on it.

Thanks. Feel free to email me direct, ivessm@softecusa.com

Thank you.

stew

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back