Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Phaser 860DP

Status
Not open for further replies.

ntbuddy

IS-IT--Management
Mar 9, 2001
US
We have a Xerox Phaser 860DP printer. In the last month and a half we continue get an error. The last error message a few minutes ago was 15.004.45:96.950. What do I need to do to get past these errors? The printer is two years old and we average about 40-50k in pages per year through it.

Thanks, John

John:

The manual refers to this as "most likely cause is a failed drum heater". Have you tried just turning the printer off, removing the power cord from the rear of the printer, waiting several minutes, then restarting? Sometimes this will reset the printer (unless of course the drum heater really is bad). FYI, the last set of numbers in the code refers to the printer's page count - Steve

I had a similar problem with an 850. Replaced the temp sensor and no change. A young woman walked in the office while I was working on it and said "brrr it's cold in here!" then quickly jiggled out of the room. After the error came back a time or two I decided to move the printer to a another location in the building before spending the money on additional parts. I haven't had the problem since and it's been several months. I thought I would share that, maybe not your problem but if there's an A/C vent blowing on it, or the room is cold then I would move it first.

I've unplugged the printer overnight and over a weekend. That worked a couple of times. Issue keeps coming back though. I've moved the printer as well thinking it was the environment and that worked for a while as well. Time to tear the beast apart or by an HP I think. J

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back