Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Phaser 860 Printhead

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bluedog801

Technical User
Sep 30, 2004
US
I recently had my Xerox Tektronix printer serviced and the technicial said that because I am using aftermarket ink that the printer head will degrade and eventually have to be replaced...does anyone know where to purchase a print head from?

I believe that in Europe printheads are only available for purchase by service personal eg trained and certified technicians.

Why are you looking to buy a new printhead if the one that is in your machine now is still working? It will probably cost you close to 2000 euros/dollars if you are able to get a hold of one.

I would however suggest that you stop using the after market ink, it clogs up the filters that are in the printhead and will not be covered by your warranty if serviced by xerox.

Bluedog801, Is the printhead having problems right now? What brand of aftermarket ink are you using? It has been my experience that some after market brands are better than others. the after market brand I use warranties their ink and the printhead for failure. I did have one printhead fail and they took care of it. I did not pay a penny.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back