Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Phaser 860 printer head

Status
Not open for further replies.
May 19, 2004
US
Hi Guys,
I have a customer with an 860 that has one black ink stripe (104) on the eliminate light stripes test that will not come back. I've tried performing the "Remove light stripes" option multiple times, I've tried shutting it down for 4 hours, a full day, and still no luck. It looks as if the print head may have to be replaced. Does anyone know if these printheads can be cleaned? Or does anyone have a Phaser 860 that does not work and would like to sell us a working used printhead? Printheads directly from Xerox are very expensive. I could use some help, thanks.

The only cleaning tecniques I am aware of are those utilized by the printer itself. At the factory they do take the heads apart for failure analysis and that is done in a clean room to avoid contamination. I have never taken one apart so I am unsure if there is anything that can be done onsite. From your description if it is teh same jet missing consistantly then the cahnces are the problem lies in the head, if the missing jet seems to move around then theremay be a problem with the cap/wipe/purge assy. This is the unit that clean the head by setting up on the flaceplate of the head and a vacuum purge is run. You may want to check and see if the gasket around it is inplace and in good sahpe so it doesnt leak and the wiper blade in the middle is also in good shape.

I had one of our Phaser 860 Printers do this same thing on a Cyan line. I was able to recover the head by creating a document that put a 100% cyan stripe down the entire page right where the printer was not printing cyan (I used Corel Draw to create the document). Then I would print 200-300 copies of the document. After doing this 4-5 times the head recovered. I hope this helps you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back