Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Phaser 860, Phaser 8200 colorstix difference / Warranty

Status
Not open for further replies.

zellhwang

Programmer
Dec 22, 2003
SG
Hello all,

any idea if the colorstix of 860 can be used on 8200 ? Are the chemical components the same? What about the heating temperatures ?

Another question: If I use compatible inksticks and something happens to my printhead, Xerox will not cover that under the warranty right ? Anyone with such experiences ?

Please enlighten.

Thanks & Rgds

no colourstix for one printer matches another in shape so unless your willing to trim them up with a knife its not possible !

Hi,

I've read about someone replacing the 8200 inkstick loader tray with a 860 loader, enabling 860 ink sticks to be used.

I was just wondering if the chemical components and heating temperatures are the same. If so, I guess it can still be done ?

Rgds

never heard of doing that !

way to scary for me to even try i think !

By the way, anyone here tried the ink sticks from MediaSciences before ?

I happened to stumble upon their website and saw all the 'promises' of quality and defect free tests. Just wondering if they are really as good as they've claimed.....

Here is the thing, any printhead failur will be blamed on aftermarket ink. I have seen 1 customer out of 10 with bad printheads that was using Xerox ink, 9 out of 10 were aftermarket. BUT...If you get the aftermarket inks from the right company (I think it is media sciences, but you should ask them about a guarantee) they will replace your printhead for FREE if it goes bad. All you need is a letter from a certified Xerox tech stating that the use of the ink caused it to go bad, which should be easy to get, as Xerox tells us to blame the bad printhead on that, anyway!!! Happy Hunting

Have a nice day today, and a better day tomorrow!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back