Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Phaser 860 - paper jam on upper tray only

Status
Not open for further replies.

abqphaser

Technical User
Mar 8, 2011
US
I have had this machine for years with very little down time; now suddenly the machine gets paper jams for the upper tray only; I have looked at the forum and found a couple of things regarding cleaning rollers, etc - but that hasn't worked.

It will print from the bottom tray, but not the top.

Thanks for the help on this one.

most likely either needs new pick rollers, or the tray itself could be damaged. Does it even attempt to pick the paper before the jam? stuck half way out or pick multiple pages at the same time? Since it prints okay from the bottom tray, if they are the same size, swap trays to rule out tray, if they are different size, take tray out and remove the paper, look over the tray very closely and look for cracks in plastic, or worn parts, check the edges that contact the printer rails also for chips and such. If anything looks worn, replace the tray, and check the rollers for wear, if the rubber is cracked or the worn down,replace those also.

Thanks! Yes, it prints a couple of sheets and then james; it is picking only one sheet of paper, then it stops and gives the error message. The trays aren't interchangeable (I don't think). The one thing we have noticed is the metal bar that pushes the paper out of the tray looks a bit worn..that might be a piece that we could try to replace.

its maybe the sensor above or near the preheater on left side. This can get a cut in the sensor from paper over time. Just file down and its good again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back