Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Phaser 860 Paper JAm every page

Status
Not open for further replies.

teagle2005

Technical User
Nov 21, 2005
US
I cleared the previous problem and am now ack to having a paper jam every page. It seems to jam half way around the imaging drum. It's almost like there is something there that is stopping it because the front of the page is all bunched up. Whne I pull the page out from the front, the top of the page is all wrinkled like it ran into a waal, and has half the image on it. When I pull the page out sometimes the next page, a cleaning page will run all the way through and pick up the other half of the image and other times it won't. HELP.

If I understand your problem correctly, it sounds as if the paper is hitting the transfer roller. Have you checked the transfer solenoid? the pad gets sticky causing the problem you describe.

I have tried the repair with the solenoid and the printer is still jamming up. The paper seems to stick right before the Rapid Release Guide. I can't figure it out and it is driving me nuts.

Well I am beyond my technical knowledge and my expertise, also beyond my time constraints for anything I casn do with this. If there is anyone in the Sn Francisco Bay Area that works on these printers on the sode, or is knowledgeable enough to help me out I would greatluy appreciate, otherwise i think the printer and all related items for it are going on Ebay in the next few weeks and I will be back to square one for printing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back