Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Phaser 860 keeps rebooting 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

ikontech

Technical User
Oct 29, 2003
GB
Hi I have a phaser 860 that warms up to 99% then reboots to the xerox logo and starts again, the drum heater appears to be working ok, have found two faults in the fault history, 04.021.42 & 22.024.01, have replaced the printhead but still no joy, any ideas?

thanks
ikontech

During the warm up does the printer go through a cleaning cycle? If not then this indicates that there is a heater not reaching its setpoint. The 4,021.42 error states the printer thinks the drum is dirty and it shouldn't be cleaned while cold, again it seems a heater is not heating up. When powered up can yo see teh drum heater turn on, indicated by a light glow which can be seen on the right side? If the heater is on there maybe a problem with the drum temp sensor which is located on the left side under the exit cover mounted on top of the drum. Simply cleaning the under side may resolve the issue. You can run a piece of cloth with alcohol under it to clean. On teh back of the printer are 4 dip switches, setting #1 down then powering up will put the printer in diags and you can monitor the printer thermals.

thank for that, I have now recheked the unit and found that although the drum heater heated up, the left and right jetstacks did not, do you know if you can replace the heaters in the printhead from ones out of an 850 printhead?

thanks
ikontech

I would not have any idea if that is possible. I just send the heads back and they are reworked at the factory. I would venture if you can try the only thing wasted is time. I would be curious how you made if if you do.

IkonTech,

Has the printer recently been moved? Sometimes if the printer has been moved with ruff handling then the printhead can be moved out of adjustment.

You can not use an 850 print head in an 860. Also, it is not reccommended to try and adjust the head. It is pre adjusted from the factory and Xerox doesn't have any gap adjustment tools available.

If the jetstacks are not heating, there is only one easy solution. Time for one of those expensive print heads.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back