Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Phaser 860 image bleeding through to other side of paper 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

davidmd1974

Technical User
Oct 10, 2008
US
I have a Phaser 860 that I use for printing office forms, customer invoices, and advertising stuffers. I like it because of the free black ink. I've noticed, on some of the older forms around the office, that the image has bled through to the other side. If I print a 2-sided form, after about 6 months, I can see a brown image of what was printed on the reverse side of the paper. I use 20lb paper from various places, and genuine Xerox-brand ink. The black bleeds brown, and the colors bleed too, but they bleed in their actual color. The older the print is, the darker the image is from the other side. If you can read backwards, sometimes you can actually read the reverse side of the paper without turning it over. I've had this printer for years, but have only recently noticed this happening to older prints. I don't know if the ink formulation has changed. This is a high volume printer, so it is not cooked ink. Has anyone else had this problem? Is there a way to stop it? I also have a Phaser 8550 that we use for the rest of our office printing needs. Are these prints eventually going to bleed through, too? The only thing we keep long-term from that printer are customer file records, but that will be irritating if they also bleed. Thanks for the help!

After an extensive search on xerox's support website. I couldn't find anything related to ink bleeding thru with Xerox Ink Sticks.

But from what I know of the differences between the 860, 8200, and 8400, 8500, and new models. Over the years the amount of ink that gets applied to the page has been getting smaller. IF you think of ink on the paper as a shaggy carpet, the pile of the carpet is basically tall.

Well with the newer Phaser 8500/8550. Xerox reduced the amount of ink it takes to make the printjob, effectiving reducing the "Pile" hieght.

In my best opinion, any of the print jobs that you have done with the 860 might have more ink on the page that could seep thru to the oposite side of the page.

If you continue to use the 860, I would try to upgrade to higher LB paper. like a 24lb or 28LB. But I would not expect the same bleed through problem with the 8550 printer.

David Drury
AA Universal Toners & Technologies LLC
Xerox IT Channel Partner
800-224-5913

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back