Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Phaser 860 fault 07,005.47:93831

Status
Not open for further replies.

CodantiM

Technical User
Dec 11, 2001
US
The Xerox site says the printer needs internal repairs.. I power cycled the printer, and it appears to be working for now, but it would be nice to know what this means, and if I can get the part to fix it myself.

Thanks,

Michael

This code means that the lifting arms on your maintenance drawer are worn. Remove the maint. drawer (marked "A") from the front of the printer. If you look at the plastic arms which extends out from the left and right side of the drawer, they will likely be 'notched', which I would expect given the page count of your printer (93831 pages). This prevents the maintenance roller from making good contact with the printdrum. The solution is to replace the maintenance drawer. We have these available - please contact me at steve@inktechnologies.com if interested.

Interesting.. The maintance tray (not just the roller) has been replaced about three times while the printer was under warranty. (This printer appears to eat them.)

I'll check it and see what it looks like, thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back