Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

phaser 860: Exit Jam

Status
Not open for further replies.

teshnic

Technical User
Apr 9, 2005
US
Customer has brought this unit in for a exit paper jam that won't reset & had also broken a clip off the snap-in green guide plate attached to the fuser, Said it had dropped into machine. Finally found the clip but no luck clearing the jam.
Checked exit flags & cleaned sensors- all seem ok but haven't exchanged the sensors to test. I believe the jam message came 1st, then the clip was broken when they were trying to find the jam...

I'm familar with HP but phasers I'm not. I will be Searching the forums here to find out how to access the tech mode but Any suggestions appreciated.

Teshnic

Hey,
Searched and found some relevant posts.
Diagnostics says its the PreHeat exit sensor showing a jam. I'll have to determine which one it is exactly but its something to check.

BTW, What a great forum.
I've looked all over the net before i found this forum.
I'll try and input in the future.

Teshnic

you will have to remove the drum heater, the sensor is behind it on the left. there might be a small piece of paper there or the sensor might be dislodged.

Thanks for the reply.
I had located the sensor, unfortunately no paper was stuck and the sensor wasn't broken or binding.

How accurate is the diagnostics in your opinion? It did point towards the sensor. If i order the sensor do you think its 99% probability it will fix it?
Thanks

You might check the continuity of the sensor with a multimeter, and also visually inspect the leads for any sort of damage. The sensor isn't that big of a deal to replace -- I've seen them get destroyed by the heat (perhaps this one has some internal damage).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back