Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Phaser 860 Error code 07.005.47

Status
Not open for further replies.

nicklondon

Technical User
Nov 24, 2006
GB
Hi, wonder if anyone can help. One of our customers has this error coming up can anybody tell me what the problem is and what i can do to solve it???

Cheers,
Nick

Sorry forgot to mention the error code was 07.005.47.87699

Dear nicklondon,

unfortunately, the error code you mentionm doesnt seem to have an easy fix solution. I looked up the error code from the xerox website and it says to contact a local authorized service provider. The only problem with that this is,they "the service provider" will need to have the correct service manual on hand to decode the problem. Labor will be expensive, and the part a bit more money.

I do not have this manual therefore I couldnt tell you whats wrong. The service manual books go for about $200 depending on whom you get it from. If I were you, it might be time to look into a newer or refurbished machine. With today's prices, the equipment has dropped in price so much that a repair at one of these repair shops doesnt see practical. I do sell these types of printers on the east coast and I can get you a "good price", But with the spirit of this forum, the best move you can make, is to call xerox at 800-835-6100 to find out who is local to you to help fix the printer. I hope this helps. Please let me know how you make out.

David (sales@aautt.com)
AA Universal Toners

Beware the sales man.

You didnt mention the model of printer so he couldnt have looked it up. It may be something simple so gives the model of printer and I will be able to tell you more.

Hi yeah sorry the printer model was a xerox phaser 860. I went to look at the printer again yesterday and i found that the clutch that was driving the maintenance drawer was out of position. It was up and running again but we'll see if the error returns.....
Thanks for your replies,

Nick

If Irishdavie was paying attention to the title of the thread the machine model was mentioned there! So I was able look it up. The error code directly off the xerox website office.xerox.com, didnt have a solution. But If in the future you do have a problem with an error code, check out this site first. office.xerox.com and goto support. you should be able to drill down to the problem of your printer. I am glad nicklondon was able to get the clutch going again.

Well If your getting this error IT USUALLY means the DM clutch is Dead and/or malfunctioning.... This isn't that hard of a fix if ur comfortable removing the covers.... Remove the left side cover and order part # 650428900.... though ull probably have to do so thru an ASP... But once u get it... looking at the side of the printer in the bottom right corner ud see 2 clutches replace the one on the right

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back