Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Phaser 860 - Eror 15.004.45:122132

Status
Not open for further replies.

BriHennessy

Technical User
Mar 11, 2005
GB
I don't have a maintenance manual for this printer and I'm getting the above error, does anybody have an dea what is the problem?

Your Drum heater is not working, all it takes is two halogen bulbs from lowes or wherever for a fix of less than $10.00

Thanks for the advice, I've managed to already fix it by replacing the whole preheat assembly.

One thing that I've seen in regards to this error, is that isn't not always associated with the bulbs. It is true that there is a 99% likelyhood it is the bulbs, but that Preheater Assy does actually have 2 heating elements. One is the bulbs. The other, is located in the paper path to help warm the paper as it goes through. There have been on 2 occassions, where the bulbs are working fine, and the printer still gives this error. As it turned out, it was those paper heaters.

Granted, there is a slim change it's actually NOT the bulbs. One way to check is remove the right side cover. Turn on the printer and let it do a warm up. Just below the fan on that side is a cutout, and if you watch, you can tell if the bulbs are lighting. You don't HAVE to take the side cover off, but it does make it a bit easier to see the light.

Most likely, you could have repaired the printer by replacing the bulbs. You can find them at ANY lighting store. They are the tube type Halogens. 118mm running at 150W. Since this is the most common problem, we replace the bulbs, rather than replace the Preheat Assy. It saves the customer money for the service call. BTW, Xerox won't sell you just the bulbs. They make you buy the whole Preheat.

Timothy N. Couch
A1 Printech
Anchorage, AK

TCouch what heating element is in the paper path? i have no knowledge of this.

Ok, what Xerox explained to me, was that the heating element is where the paper passes through the unit. If you're looking at the unit, there is the bulbs which you are all familar with, then there is the slit in the unit where you can slip a piece of paper through. This is what Xerox advised was the other heating element in this unit. The bulbs are responsible for heating the imagin drum. This other element helps the process by warming the paper before the image is transfered.

Timothy N. Couch
A1 Printech
Anchorage, AK

that is heated by the bulbs also. There is no other element in that unit

I'm only going by what Xerox advised me, and what I've seen. I have had 2 printers. one 860 and one 8200. Both would come to the ready, but would intermitantly give the 15,004.45 error. Both had good bulbs, and both would light, yet they were still failing with that error. Upon replacing the preheat assy in both Phasers, the errors ceased to exist. If there isn't two heating elements, and if the paper path is also heated by the bulbs, then something was allowing the bulbs to function, and causing the error.

Timothy N. Couch
A1 Printech
Anchorage, AK

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back