Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Phaser 860 Avoiding POST startup 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

pop40

Technical User
Sep 28, 2004
GB
Does anyone know if there is some kind of reset button so that I don't need to turn my machine on and off (therefore wasting ink time and again) after adjustments - e.g. after correcting error 7,005.47 ?

Bypassing the POST will not prevent teh printer from going through a cleaning cycle when powered off. When it warms up it determines if it needs to run the cleaning based on how long it takes it to warm up. There is no getting around it.

Yes but it is already warmed up... all I've been trying to do is make good the wear on the maintenance drawer pins after it gives out the error message 07,005.47, when I put the drawer back in it has to go through the cleaning cycle again - unnecessarily wasting expensive ink..

Problem is with the tray tabs the wear, I had the same problem managed to tempoararily fix problem by thickening them with scotch tape but eventually ordered a new tray

As Marty said: the printer will only bypass the cleaning cycle if the print head is above a certain temp threshold (100c?), otherwise, it'll do it's thing.

It sounds like you need a new drum maintenance clutch. How bad is the wear on the tabs? Are you getting ghosting on the prints? I've got the part if so.

sppeednet at yahoo . com

ifixprinters

Thanks guys - for the renewed interest in my problem.. in the end it turned out to be the printhead and so I bit the bullet and upgraded to an 8200

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back