Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Phaser 860 07.005.47 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

mssac

Technical User
May 9, 2004
CA
Hi all
I need to service a Xerox Phaser 860 printers
The printer as a message for “ Service” and indicates the error 07.005.47.
But the printer is still printing.
This error is supposed to be the maintenance drawer, I replace the drawer a few moths ago and is indicating a 48% of remaining life.
Do I need to replace the drawer again!?
Does anyone has other suggestions.
Thanks

If you replaced the drawer and the lift pins were worn then the maintenance clutch should have been replaced also or teh error will occurr. The maintenance kit need not be replaced with the drawer. You probably have a weak clutch, p/n 650428800.

Or you have broken guide rails. Better to replace and both rails and the before mentioned clutch.

broken guide rails!? dou you have this part number.
Tanks.

351109900 is the right rail, 351109700 is the left one.

You can see when you take the drawer out that the lift pins are worn on the bottom. This causes the roller, when lifted, to not be at the correct closeness to sensor inside.
The rails could do it too but the likleyhood that its worn pins over broken rails is greater.
Check the pins where they rest on the rails. I wrapped a small bit of tape on both because the part does not move that often. But the best thing to do is replace the tray.

I would have to agree with Marty. Most likely it's that clutch that isn't functioning properly. The rails you could check while you're in the printer. Just be careful removing them, although I've not broke one removing it yet, I have heard they get brittle. Would hate to hear they broke coming out, and that they weren't broke in the printer. And if you're not aware, you'll need to move the printhead over when you do the right side rail.

The other thing I would do while I have the side covers off, is check your transfix solenoid. There is a bad just under the arm. This pad can get sticky. You can take it off, and put a piece of tape over the pad, and clean the arm. Other option is to replace the solenoid. Tape is easier since the I haven't ever seen it go bad, just get sticky.

Timothy N. Couch
A1 Printech
Anchorage, AK

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back