Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Phaser 8550DP Hard Drive Upgrade?

Status
Not open for further replies.

schalliol

Technical User
Jan 28, 2004
I've done a bit of searching and it seems that there may be a HD.exe file I can get from Xerox to format a hard drive for my printer, though I've only seen it in reference to an 850 or 860. I've also seen a reference here to a drive board, which is noted as (The 'HDD-board' has a PCI646U2 IC on it to convert the IDE to the PCICIA slot of the mainboard. It is a HDD controller. For the rest is has no logic function for the mainboard.). Xerox references a "Productivity Kit" (Includes Personal Print, Secure Print, Proof Print, Collation, Extended Font Storage With Internal Hard Drive) for $499 that sounds as though is just a hard drive with a bit of software on it (20GB I think). Just as 512MB of RAM is $719 from them, is there a way to get a hard drive and be off to the races? Thanks!

Bump...I'm sorry to bump, but I think that someone knows the answer here and I would really appreciate the response. Thanks!

This would be very different for the 8550DP vs the 850 though, right? The 850 is probably 7-8 years old. Good idea though! I'll search eBay.

Sorry. Mis-read the title. I guess I should put on my glasses.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back