Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Phaser 8550DP - getting passed the "enable metering" screen

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrduck54

Technical User
Aug 10, 2006
GB
Hi,

I've just brought a 8550DP phase from eBay which warms up fine and prints all the configuration pages out. However, I can't seem to get past the screen which requests that I enter a 4 digit PIN in order to enable metered printing...

This printer is just for home use, so there's no point me buying a metered package and I just want to load it with ink that I buy as and when I need it.

Can anyone tell me how to get past this screen on the set up?

cheers!

A

WHATS THE HISTORY ON THE MACHINE? THE SELLER SHOULD BE ABLE TO INFORM YOU IF THE MACHINE HAS A PASSWORD.

Thanks but I tried that - with no luck...
The Pin simply enables metered printing and is given when you buy a metered printing package - which i don't want to do. i only want a "buy ink as i use it" deal!
at the moment there seems no way past the "enable metered printing" screen...

You may have to try a couple of things. First, if you have a known IP address for this unit, use Centreware to access the embedded web server. Get it from Xerox site. It should allow you to change the parameters and profile of the unit.
The Configuration chip may have to be replaced. Pull the formatter and remove any extra chips besides the memory.
Through the control panel, if accessable, you can try an NVRAM reset.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back