Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

phaser 850dp printer paper jam

Status
Not open for further replies.

shawnpayne

Technical User
Jan 16, 2003
US
I have a couple of phaser printers that paper jams. The paper doesn't even make it past the first set of pressure rollers, I have replaced the pick roller and the seperation pad but it run two pages then jam. I clear the jam then it will run a couple of more then jam. I knoe something is wrong but can't get a handle on what's causing it.

If any has had this problem please let me know what is was and the fix for it please.
Thank you for your time

If you see the paper stop at the lower feed rollers, the pick roller clutch needs replaced.

Is the page coming out of the tray straight? If it skews even slightly, it will come off the limit switches on the way up to the drum, and trigger a jam.
FIX:
-Pages cutting into tray at front left corner? Place adhesive foil at wear point.
-A4 tray? Need a spacer at the rear right corner of the tray, to prevent skewing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back